The European Society for Dermatology and Psychiatry
- Is a scientific society, established in 1993 in Vienna
- Provides a forum for European physicians and psychologists working in psychodermatology, psychosomatic dermatology, and dermatopsychiatry.
- to foster exchange of information and ideas
- to encourage contacts among professionals in the field
- to improve the quality of scientific research in the area
- to recruit new members providing important expertise
The ultimate aim of the society is to foster improvement of patient care by putting into practice insights gained through research in psychodermatology.